The foundation of the Village Retirement Group was born back in 1979 when the founder Michael Harrison couldn’t get any suitable choice for his mom, who needed an old age home on priority. It was the time when the idea of retirement homes took wings.
Types of retirement homes:
There are majorly three types of retirement homes basis the level of care and assistance that the senior resident will require.
- Assisted living involves living in retirement spaces with the help of assistance for individuals who cannot care for themselves for are not sick or suitable for nursing care. They have their apartment with 24/7 supervision
- Independent living involves an individual who is retired and can completely take care of themselves except a few physical glitched because of age. These apartments come with a private space and have all the advanced home equipment required for a comfortable stay.
- Nursing homes involving those who are not capable of taking care of themselves and continuously in need medical attention for survival. Here the residents share a room for comfort, and the meals are served in a room area to increase motivation caused by apprehensions in the old-age.
- Homes are a part of nursing homes and look after patients with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
The retirement villages by The Village Retirement Group presents the very epitome of standards, innovation, and a quality lifestyle. Such was its acceptance and benchmark for independent retirement living in Australia that the honored aged folks’ calls this their The Village home. With encouragement like these five surviving communities with its roots in Redcliffe, Coorparoo, Toowoomba, Taigum, and Yeronga, started developing with a resident population of 1,500 people. They were the recipient of the ‘Innovation and Excellence award for the year 2017 amongst many others.
They offer facilities like Gym, Gardening, Pool, Tai-chi, Boules/Bocce court, a bowling alley, the library, billiards, internet café, lounge clubs, choir, social committee, cafes, etc. along with collaboration with NGOs like Regis aged care, Anglicare amongst many others.
The best part about these homes is the location at which they are set in as it’s a perfect blend of comfort and practicality wrapped in a blanket of luxury with access to all major hospitals in a vicinity.
Is retirement village a good investment?
If you are looking to stay at the retirement homes, then the long -term cost won’t affect you. Still, buying space in a retirement village might have more repercussions than any other property buying into a retirement village is not a profit-making decision, rather than a lifestyle choice.
Conditions of entering a retirement home?
- Choose the retirement home
- Enroll in the waitlisted list
- Pay for entering the waiting list if needed.
- Average waiting time
- Refund policy
- Documentation list.
- Contract points
- Amount of insurance, maintenance charges, personal services.
Retirement homes act as a home away from home, and these luxurious spaces opt to give you an even better standard of living with a community and friends to grow old with.